More information to get you started in Brisbane
Overseas student health cover is mandatory for your student visa when coming to Australia. Not only is it great for peace of mind, it covers doctors’ appointments, hospital costs, emergency ambulance and portions of your prescription medicine.
Use the Overseas Health Cover (OSHC) tool to check the price and book your overseas health cover today.
All residential tenancies in Queensland are covered by standard terms which cannot be altered. It is the landlords obligation to put the agreement in writing.
The standard General Tenancy Agreement can be downloaded and used for free from the Queensland Government Residential Authority.
In Queensland, this standard form Residential Tenancy Agreement should be used for agreements between:
- Landlord and a tenant
- Landlord and co-tenants
- Head-tenant and sub-tenants
Click HERE for the General Tenancy ‘Form 18a’ to be used in Queensland.
- Depending on your financial situation and whether you are a student or skilled migrant, there is never a shortage of accommodation options in Brisbane! Students can choose to reside within university accommodation, homestay or private rentals.
- The most trusted and most popular search engines for rental (and sale) or properties in Australia are realestate.com.au and www.domain.com.au.
UTILITIES (cost of)
Utilities may or may not be included in your housing option. Electricity, water, gas and internet are generally split between tenants and are paid quarterly (every 3 months), but if you are planning on renting by yourself, this will be more costly. An average home in Brisbane city costs:
- Electricity: $450 per quarter
- Water: $280 per quarter
- Gas: $150 per quarter
- Internet: $120 per quarter
Depending if this is split between five people or just yourself, the average cost of your monthly or quarterly utility bill can range quite a lot!
ENTERTAINMENT (cost of)
Entertainment is another expense you will want to factor in while you are in Australia. Ranging from going to the gym, watching a movie, taking a trip to the beach or enjoying a comedy show. Below are a few different options you could add to your budget.
- Movies (student night): $7 to $9
- Fitness: $15 to $30
- Shows (comedy, plays etc): $50
Are you planning to move to or study in Brisbane? Great choice. Let’s get started – click HERE to get in contact with us today!